Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll: sweetest new show on the radio.

Coming to champlain i knew exactly what i want to do with my life. I want to broadcast. I don't care if its on the radio, tv, or what probably is the future of tv news casts, online. Recently, their was a sign up for the Champlain radio station online. I looked over at my roommate Sandra with the biggest smile on my face. I asked her if she would ever want to do a radio show with me and she said "hellllll yes." So we signed up. A few weeks ago we got the email asking us to set up a schedule so we can learn how to run everything in the studio. To my surprise, it was actually a really simple set up. At home i DJ so luckily i was already kinda familiar with some of the controls and what not.


R.I.P DJ AM. one of the best DJ's of our time.

Along comes tuesday. We were preparing all day for what we wanted to talk about. All day we were telling people from home to join our FACEBOOK GROUP (which by the way anyone who reads this should join too = ]). All of our friends from home and up here were listening so we were really excited, and surprisingly not nervous.

We decided that since it was our first show we will talk about ourselves a little, funny stories that have happened to us, the little secrets of Burlington we have found, food, ect. However, we want our show to be really funny, and since we knew our friends were listening, we decided to throw our friends under the bus and tell funny stories about them as well. Even though they weren't too happy about it, i knew they were just happy to be talked about on the radio. I can honestly can say, that entire hour was one of the happiest and most comfortable i have ever been, even though the studio is the size of a small jail cell.

photo.php.jpg

((image: from the Champlain Wave Radio facebook page JOIN HERE TOO!!


By doing this show it has only confirmed my choice of my major and that this is definitely what i want to be doing with my life. Talking and talking and talking, my favorite thing to do. And people are tuning in so i know they actually want to listen.

Our show is from tuesdays 9 to 10pm ON THIS WEBSITE. i hope you guys tune in, its a really fun time!

1 comment:

  1. Very good blog post on your new career as a radio DJ, Jo!

    Can you fix that image with the ? up above?

    Check rogue spelling errors, too.

    I've got to tune in - did you tell me you set up an FB page for your show? Send me the link...

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete