Sunday, December 5, 2010

Going on a trip into the life of Johanna


When choosing classes for my first semester of college there was one class that stood out to me that I really wanted to take. This class was audio production. It involves us recording sounds and putting them onto the program SoundtrackPro and either making audio clips with our recorded sounds. We need to use professional equipment which is really exciting, but also pretty difficult. My favorite project was the interview we had to conduct. We had to have it be at least 3 minutes and have a cohesive story line to it, without ever hearing the interviewer's (me) voice. My teacher said I did an amazing job and it was very exciting. However, on a typically Tuesday or Thursday anyone can hear me complaining about how I have class from 745 to 9 and how inconvenient it is.
(http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.synthtopia.com/news/05_04/images/apple_soundtrack_pro.jpg&imgrefurl)

Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll, the best radio program on Champlain radio. As reported in a previous blog, my roommate Sandra and I at the beginning of the year decided to run our own radio show. It is on every tuesday from 9 to 10 and can be found at THIS WEBSITE. We talk about pretty much everything you can think of, a lot of our friends say that we are really annoying but we know that they really love us. If you want to find out any more information just go to my other blog post about it!
(http://radio.champlain.edu/)

Television has always been pretty important in my life. I like being able to watch a show every week and feel like I can relate to the character and feel their story. A show I was clinically obsessed with was LOST. I watched it every week with a particular set of rules: no talking, even during commercials, no phones on, no typing on a computer or anything else that would make noise. It amazes me how a show can just get you so attached to make you watch from September 22, 2004 to May 23, 2010 and have such a horrible ending. BOO!! but I still love you LOST and the re-runs I watch at least once a week!!
(http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/2009/04/39lost39_was_gr.html)

Watching movies on the internet has become the most convenient way to watch movies. Hulu is one of the most popular websites to help with instant movie watching. Although most of the movies are all about sex, weed, or other drugs, they also do have have a lot of other good movies and TV shows to watch. It's pretty cool that they are totally free and it's all due to advertising. Let someone put a 30 second clip in the middle of your movie and boom! It's free! I do believe this is the future of movie and TV watching and it should be interesting to see how it progresses throughout the years. Usually when I'm trying to go to sleep after after doing some homework I'll turn on Hulu and watch an episode of some sit com and laugh myself to sleep, for free.
(http://www.hulu.com/movies)
The art of reading books has seemed to have died. They have come up with new and more high-tech ways of reading books so that said reader does not even have to leave their house. The most recent way of instant reading is the Kindle. This is a product that has hundreds of thousands of books for you to download and have the whole book in your hands in seconds, all run by a battery that can apparently last for up to a month. Just like Hulu and YouTube, it brings up the question of, whats next for entertainment?
(http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20014364-1.html)

For as long as they will be in print I will always read magazines. Yes, they are online and convenient like everything else now-a-days, I personally like being able to flip through the glossy pages of my Snowboarder Mag and be able to rip pages out and stick them all over my walls. Now I don't really read any other magazines besides action spots and maybe a few car magazines, I believe in the print of them and not having them online. I also believe that magazines will always be around because yes, online shopping is easier to do, but what else are the mom's going to do in the doctors offices while waiting for their kids?
(http://www.shaunwhite.com/news/2008/11/)


Newspapers, I'll admit, are not something I read on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. However, they do have many benefits, especially to their communities. Since newspapers are readily available to everyone in the community, they serve the very important purpose of keeping people informed about current events in the world. More importantly, they keep people up-to-date on events in their neighborhood, town, or city. Burlington, for example, has a free newspaper called 7 Days, which I occasionally peruse while I wait for food at local sandwich and coffee shops.
(http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blip.tv/file/get/SevenDays)
Videogames are becoming more and more popular as a form of artistic media in our society today. They are becoming more common in advertising during sporting events and popular T.V. series, including late-night talk shows. Jimmy Fallon, for example, has premiered multiple first-look videos for upcoming video games on his show. First-day sales records for video games have shattered those of other forms of media for the past several years in a row. I personally hate video games but spend a lot of my days watching my boyfriend and his friends play them for hours on end. I don't get it, but I accept it as a reasonable form of media.
(http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2010/11/06/call-of-duty-black-ops-walkthrough-video-guide-xbox-360-ps3-pc-wii.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment